Thursday, January 24, 2008

been a while.......


Ok--it's been a while. I've been busy. My weigh in last week was good--4.6#. I was pleased. I don't know what is going to happen this Saturday. I've been good but for yesterday. Instead of lunch I had 3 big spoons of peanut butter. I let myself get too hungry. I didn't eat dinner that night and I haven't been able to walk this week either. We'll see...

My best friend had her baby on the 17th. I got to be there and it was wonderful--for me at least. On the 18th we got a new dog--unexpected. That's her above. Her name is Lucy. It's close to lucky but still sounds like a girl. She is very lucky. I was on the phone with Lance and he started saying "Oh no, Oh God, Oh no!" She was running across the interstate in rush hour traffic on Friday. And it was in a construction zone so she was stuck between barriers, running in and out of cars. Other people tried to catch her but she just kept running. Lance didn't even get out of the truck. He just stopped and whistled and she came right to him. He put her in the truck and tried to find the owner. He wanted to call animal control and I objected. He brought her home. She was obviously someone's pet. I went on kcpetconnect.com and she was the first lost dog on the list. She had just been adopted and was in the parking lot at Petsmart when she pulled out of her leash and took off. The girl that adopted her was frantic. She called 911 and they put her thru to animal control who said they had a report she was on the interstate. She assumed she was dead. She next learned she had been picked up by a silver truck. She then told herself the dog was in good hands. She was in shock when I called her and told her I had her dog. After a few converstions we decided I would keep Lucy--I named her. She's got a 20 acre playground now. I'm paying her adoption fees that Jennifer paid for her and we're both happy. I think things happen for a reason sometimes and we were supposed to get this dog.

I'm hungry and better fix something now before I fall off the wagon again! I'll let you know how I do on Saturday.

Kenna :)

3 comments:

Commit To Be Fit said...

p r e t t y ! ! !

J Duarte said...

Cool dog! Happy for your loss! Keep up the great work!

MaryJoNM said...

Lucy is beautiful and Lucky too.
How do he lids like her?
We have a border collie named Rambo and a Schnauzer named Chuy.
Both were rescue dogs, and they have filled a special place in our home.
Yes, keep your metabolism up Kenna.
3 TBSp of PB is not good.
HOpe you get your manicure.