Monday, January 7, 2008

day one

It's coming to an end. I did very well today. I even cooked dinner for the family--pork steak, scalloped potatoes, corn...... I admit to having two tiny bites of steak but quickly regained control. I normally would not have stopped until I ate the entire thing but today I didn't want to undo all my hard work......
It is the evening hours that are hardest for me. Everyone is in bed, all is quiet. I can eat whatever I want. No one begging for a bite. Not tonight. I'm finishing up my water and getting ready for bed. Although I did not get my walk in today I cleaned house like a mad woman all day and really worked up a sweat. I'm actually too tired to walk tonight. I've had quite a cut in calories today compared to what I've been doing to myself and need to get thru the first few days of hunger, headache, overall tiredness before I take off on my treadmill. I almost forgot--I went the entire day without a diet pepsi--which I'm sure is behind my lingering headache. Looking forward to day two....

1 comment:

If it is to be it is up to me! said...

Sounds like you did good Kenna. I always count rigorous housework as exercise! I think I like to do that more than walking, so maybe my house will soon be the cleanest one in town!

Like I said before, just get into a routine that you can follow whenever you are home. It works wonders!

I might have messed up last night. We had leftover chili from the Saturday and Mike was having that and I was going to have my JC chili. For some reason I just "didn't want it to go to waste" so I ate his. The thing I did accomplish with this meal is to leave out the cheese and light sour cream which, as you know, is a major deal for me!

I'm taking Joni to the doctor today so I hope I don't mess up. Her appointment is at noon and I won't be home until 3:00 I bet. I wish I knew if there was a Schlotzky's nearby. That is my only truly safe dining out choice. Their light smoked turkey sandwich was always one very low in points when I did WW.

Keep on keepin' on!