Tuesday, January 8, 2008

self control

Yesteday went well. Day 2 and no diet pepsi. Today has gone really well but I didn't get all my food in. I missed 2 fruits and a yogurt. I'm lucky to get lunch in by 1 or 2. Right now Isaac is setting next to me eating cheetos. I never realized how good cheetos really smell until this moment. I'm about to finish the day with my snack and a walk after he goes to bed.
The family had vegetable soup and Mom brought up a pan of cornbread. Not regular cornbread but really sweet cornbread-alot of sugar-because that is what Lance likes. I didn't even taste it! I would normally eat it with a ton of butter on it but tonight I didn't. Now that is self control. The vegetable soup did look good but Mom can hide a stick of butter in a glass of water so I didn't even consider it.
Potty training was perfect today--no accidents at all! This was day 9 and I think he's got it figured out. I didn't have to remind him at all--he would tell me when he had to go.
Anyway, going to bed at a decent time tonight. Also going to have the scales hidden from me so I don't regress when they don't say what I think they should. So far, so good.......

2 comments:

If it is to be it is up to me! said...

Hey Kenna, it sounds like you have good solid will power. I know how tempting Mom's cornbread is! You are so right about how she can hide a stick of butter (the real kind!) in anything. I don't know how she stays so slim. If you crave veggie soup you could make the Weight Watcher's veggie soup once in a while. I fix homemade chicken salad once in a while when I need a change. That's great not having the pop. You will see a reduction in your cravings for sweets after giving that up for a while. I'll probably talk to you tomorrow to see how it's going.

If it is to be it is up to me! said...

Hi Kenna,

I was out and about all day today and I didn't get to talk to you. I hope it is getting easier after you've been on the diet for 4 days. Are you having caffeine-withdrawl headaches? Those don't last as long as you'd think. I never thought I could live without a Coca Cola at the movies but I can! The popcorn is another story though....

T